The quest to improve my family's diet...
I must admit, it was challenging when I began my quest to improve my family's diet, now I am armed with a number of 'go to' recipes that are both healthy and yummy. Once you are loaded with healthy options that children actually think taste good, the first step is behind you and it is an easy way of eating. Here is one of the first recipes I tried my children on, no wheat, no refined sugar and they didn't notice a difference, on the plus side, it could be served toasted or popped in the lunch bags… nut free, tick! I now decorate mine with seeds on top but this is not essential and fussier children may turn their noses up with that…
4 over ripe bananas, 80 grams coconut flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 1 pinch of pink salt, 4 eggs, 3 tablespoons coconut oil, 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, 1.5 teaspoons baking soda, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or similar, adjust up or down to taste)
- Preheat over to 180 degrees Celsius, line a 12x23cm loaf tin
- Mash banana with a fork until lump-free
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl, add mashed banana
- Combine wet and dry ingredients
- Pour into the lined baking loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes
If you would like to learn more about the importance of gut health or how to keep your family healthy, contact us.