Microbial Health & Hormones
Here are some reasons why taking care of your gut health earlier in life will help you later on...
- The gut microbiota is one of the principal regulators of your hormones.
- Gut bacteria secrete an enzyme that converts estrogen into its active form.
- There is a complex relationship between the estrobolome, estrogen levels, estrogen sensitive tissues and female cancers.
- Women will live more than a third of life in menopausal (low estrogen) state, the estrobolome becomes even more important because of the associated risks of CV disease risks, bone health, urogenital infections (thrush and UTI) in post menopausal women.
- Estrogen is considered to be protective for cardiovascular (CV) disease whilst a women is over 55 yrs old.
Simply try adding a daily shot of an Akesi Tonic in to your diet!